Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving and Personal Update

Hi there everyone, 


I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't get too crazy with shopping tomorrow.


Well, since the last time I was on here a lot has happened.  


I went back to my hometown, Houston Tx, for my high school reunion and had an absolute blast.


I also had the opportunity to work with some extremely lovely and talented ladies in some extremely interesting photo shoots.  Candi Hearts, Cherie Love, Claribel Martinez, and Sonia Ybarra were the consummate professionals and total joy to work with.


I have to tell you that the entire photo community in Houston is fantastic and I have been inspired to take my work to an entirely new level, direction and style.  


Now for the not so great news.  Last Wens ( 16th) I had an Angiogram done to check out a situation with my heart.  The procedure found an even bigger problem, and a small miracle too.


I have one artery that is totally blocked and another that has two partial blockages, and will be having a triple heart bypass surgery in the very near future, actually probably before Christmas.  The small miracle was that my body created a brand new artery to feed the side of the heart that has the total blockage.  The bad part though, the new artery runs off the one with the partial blockage.


So needless to say, I am looking at at least a week in the hospital with 2 to 3 months rehab.  


When I am able I will be back shooting with new ideas, new direction and new style.  I am actually looking forward to the new me.


If I do not get back on this before Christmas, I wish each and everyone of you a wonderful, fun filled holiday.


thanks


doug 

No comments:

Post a Comment